WhatsApp introduce web client for PC. Which allows user chat via PC. The biggest myth around this service is, It does not require your phone to connect. Actually, the current service provided by whatsapp requires your phone to connect to the internet while you use web view. So, this service act as a mirror. Instant of chat on the small screen on your phone, you just switch over to big screen, but you need both devices (PC as well as Phone) connect to the internet! OK, then how to use it
“Our web client is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device — this means all of your messages still live on your phone,” WhatsApp said in their official blog.
How to use it:
Currently this service work with google chrome only. So, you need to use google chrome and also update your phone WhatsApp application to latest one. Because current version, only provide support for web view.
At first go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your Laptop/PC
Now open WhatsApp application on your phone. And go to the menu. [Ex: Windows Phone, click … below of the screen]
Now, menu appears, select Whatsapp web
Just capture your Laptop/PC screen Qr code with this
It will automatically login to your account and show the conversation.
You can chat with your friends from PC. Note that do not disconnect your phone from the internet.Other wise you will loss connectivity
These things you can do on web interface
- Use your keyboard to type.
- Access media (photos, videos, audio) in-line. You can also download any media directly to your PC.
- Start a new conversation with any contact, or search for existing conversations.
- View contact info.
- Talk in group chats and view group info.
- Connect multiple computers to your phone and save them for the future. You can also remotely disconnect any browser from your phone.
- Get or mute desktop alerts and sounds.
- Share photos, record audio, or use your webcam.
Drawback or limitation:
- Emojis aren’t mapped to your keyboard, so you’ll need to manually add them using the emoji keyboard available in the web interface.
- You can’t start a new group chat or leave an existing group chat from the web interface.
- It’s not possible to share contacts or maps via the web interface.
- You can’t block users directly through the web interface.
- You can’t change your profile picture or profile status.
- You can’t use two browsers at the same time. While you can add multiple browsers/PCs to your phone, you can only use one at a time.
That`s all about whatsapp web view.But if you want a full featured Whatsapp on your PC/Laptop then install Bluestack software on your PC and start enjoy the full features on the Laptop/PC. If you interested, please check out my post about Bluestack. Read now